Factory Mutual Insurance Company is a signatory to the General Insurance Code of Practice. The Code sets out the standards that general insurers must meet when providing services to their customers, such as being open, fair and honest. It also sets out timeframes for insurers to respond to claims, complaints and requests for information from customers.
The objectives of the Code are:
• to commit insurers to high standards of service.
• to promote better, more informed relations between insurers and their customers.
• to maintain and promote trust and confidence in the general insurance industry.
• to provide fair and effective mechanisms for resolving Complaints.
• to promote continuous improvement of the general insurance industry through education and training.
The Code is intended to be a positive influence across all aspects of the general insurance industry and covers standards of conduct, dealing with financial hardship, complaints handling, access to information and claims investigation. For more information on the Code, visit www.codeofpractice.com.au.